View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16

Re: Colorado School shooting, on eve of anniversary. - December 15th 2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post

I think there'd be a lot wrong with having an armed person inside a school.

None of our courts, state/council buildings, hospitals have armed security. Our private schools don't and our state schools don't.

I don't think the ideal situation is to have a shootout inside a school if someone entered one with a gun. That sounds like it has the potential to be ten times worse than these situations already are.

I've Googled "does gun control help gun crime" and plenty of articles pop up contradicting your source. People are gonna pick the studies they want to further their case. I know my country, I know our gun laws, and I know how often I've heard of school shootings coming out of America than out of here.
Would you rather have a shootout inside a school between a good guy with a gun vs a bad guy with a gun, or a bad guy with a gun having his free reign?

There is nothing wrong with having an armed trained Law Enforcement Officer, security, or even a Concealed carry license inside a school. Why? Because they are trained to have the weapon.

You say that with banning weapons in the United Kingdom, you don't have to worry about shootings, sure we'll go with that. You have a incredible lower murder rate with firearms then the United States.

But, how many of those Firearm deaths in the United States are from Law Abiding Citizens? Through purchased legal guns?

When I worked EMS in a city, (Not New York City, just a random city in New York State.) A Kid was arrested for having a fire arm, and I asked how he acquired such a firearm that clearly a 14 Year Old should not be able to get, his answer? Just go to any street alley in the City with $100-$200 and you can get a firearm like that, no serial number, etc.

Yet, the Violent Crime rate in the UK is greater than, the United States.
(Source: http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2...r-than-the-us/ )

Now, while the United States has a higher Homicide involving a gun rate, then the UK, How many of those Homicides are committed by illegally purchased firearms? How many of them are senseless gang bang hits over stupid shit? A lot...

Again, if you where a victim in a violent crime what would you rather do? Be a victim or protect yourself.

You're afraid of an inanimate object. Something that doesn't feel, doesn't set out to kill or hurt anything, it is just a tool, the same as back before Firearms with swords & daggers. It is never the tool that should be the blame, but the Person.

We fight the evil behind the tool, we can end senseless violence. Or we can keep saying "Let's ban guns" and it will solve nothing.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.