View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,777, Level: 59 Points: 172,777, Level: 59 Points: 172,777, Level: 59

Re: Is self harm a sin? - December 21st 2013, 03:34 AM

Hi there,

Personally, I think that this will all depend on who you ask. I think that a lot of things in religion are up to individual interpretation, meaning not everybody is going to follow or believe everything as strictly as others.

I think that some people will think of it as a sin, but in reality, I don't think anyone who does this is intentionally going against what God wants, but they feel as if they don't have any other way to go about things. I don't think you will go to Hell just because you self harm. If there's a God, I don't think that he will condemn you for it, but he wouldn't like to know someone is suffering.

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard of people go to those such as religious leaders for support with things such as self harm before. Of course, not everyone's experiences are going to be the same so I'm not going to say every religious person is going to be this way, but I've heard of at least some people having positive responses from their religious leaders when they seek help, and people can even use religion as an outlet, a way to recover and start seeking something better. Of course, I've also heard of churches where the opposite may happen.

So, as I said, it all depends on how strictly you interpret things. It's not something God would like, but I don't think it's a sin.

Just know that other people may have different opinions than me, but think about how you yourself interpret it, and whether you personally think it's a sin or not. Since not everyone interprets everything the same, you don't automatically have to think it's a sin either, if that makes sense.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive