View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
therealgenderbender Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,950, Level: 11 Points: 5,950, Level: 11 Points: 5,950, Level: 11

Re: Threatening phone calls from discriminating parents - December 26th 2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabithia. View Post
Hi there,

As far as I am aware, the police can't arrest you just for being friends with someone younger than you. There are plenty of freshmen (14, 15 years old) who are friends with seniors (18, 19 years old), or even current high school students who remain friends with those who have graduated. As long as you don't do anything inappropriate with someone who is underage (ie sexual acts), which doesn't seem to be the case here, you should be fine in that angle.

Maybe since you are still in high school, you and her can speak to someone such as a guidance counselor or teacher about this? You can explain the situation the two of you are going through, such as how her parents are threatening you just because of your age and sexuality, and even explain how Emily's parents are beating her because of this. Maybe they can give you some suggestions on how to handle the situation, or speak with her parents.

If you feel as if her, or your, safety is at any type of risk by continuing to converse with each other, though, then it may be best to try and limit communication, or keep communication on the down-low, just so nobody's safety is put at risk. For example, she doesn't deserve to be beaten. If you really want to continue to speak with her, make sure that safety precautions are taken, such as deleting any texts after they are sent, or messaging on Facebook or through email and then deleting the messages or logging out of the account, but again, make sure everyone is safe!

-Dez
Thank you so much for your advice. I'll see a guidance councilor after the break is over. I just don't want this to get out of hand with the abuse.