View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Rape Victims and the lyrics of Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' - January 2nd 2014, 11:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This MAY be triggering as it refers to sexual assault. If you feel like this might upset you it may be best to avoid it.

Wow, this really struck a chord with me. If anyone doesn't know the song - despite it being the most-bought single in a few places last summer - it's about how girls may be acting like they don't want to have sex, but they secretly do: 'You know you want it'. It has caused a lot of controversy and I have to admit I only recently listened to how shocking some of the lyrics actually are. Seeing this article really brought it home.

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2013/09/17/from-the-mouths-of-rapists-the-lyrics-of-robin-thickes-blurred-lines-and-real-life-rape/?fb_action_ids=10153630450490551&fb_action_types=o g.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_ma p=%5B389382081187279%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.l ikes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.