View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Rape Victims and the lyrics of Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' - January 2nd 2014, 11:55 PM

I'm sorry to be rude, but this is ancient news!

Then again, this was big with me and my SVU fandom buddies back in the summer. Considering we watch a show about rape victims, it's understandable we were the first to catch wind of it??? It definitely caused a riot on my Twitter timeline, people were bashing it left and right. [edited]

Anyways, being serious and on topic now. I agree that this is utterly disgusting. It doesn't matter what the real meaning behind the song is, the context is if a chick supposedly wants it, the guy's giving it to her. Whether she actually wants it or not. Rape is rape, nobody wants to be raped unless they're into rape fantasy which I don't even think happens in real life. Just in anime. But, my point is, who wants to get raped. Why is there a song about rape (again, who cares about the real meaning of the song!) so popular and publicized.

I just remembered, another thing they were saying that it promoted rape culture. The belief that if women act or dress a certain way, it means they want it. Men will act however the fuck they want and find a way to get said woman into bed, either with or without her consent.

Last edited by Spicy_; January 4th 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content