View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Free of self-harm, but... - January 5th 2014, 08:34 PM

Hi there,

It is so wonderful that it has been a year and amonth since you have self harmed last! You are doing really amazing, and I hope that you are able to keep up the great work.

I think it may help you a lot to broaden your support system a little bit. This could mean professionals, or different friends and family members, so at least this way you have a broader network of people you can go to when you have these urges.

It may help you a lot if you can start getting support for these changes and trying to find ways to deal with them as soon as you know that they are breaking you down rather than waiting as well, so it may not be as big of a problem.

It may also help you if you try and find ways to express some of the emotions inside rather than keeping them all pent up. I know you mentioned writing, but it still is a really awesome thing to have some sort of outlet.

I don't know who you live with, but even without getting support from the people around you, it's harder to self harm when you're around people, so that's something you can do! You can try entering the Chat Room here or calling Live Help as well for additional people.

If it's early enough in the day, you can take a walk just to clear your mind as well.

Here is a list of even more alternatives you can try when you get to that point.

Best of luck!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive