View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Question about anxiety medication - January 17th 2014, 10:29 PM

As other's have said it really depends on what type she's prescribed since there's many different forms of drug that can be used to treat anxiety.

I've been on two different types of medication for my anxiety. The first one was anti-depressants, paroxetine and citalopram are the two I tried. Anti-depressants come with a wide range of side effects, most of which occur in the first month of taking the medication as your body gets used to it and it really depends on the individual what side effects they get. For me, the first two weeks of the medication was spent with headaches, dizziness and loss of appetite.

The second type which I'm still currently taking is a Beta-blocker called propanolol. So far I've not experienced any large side effects of taking this other than feeling a bit sleepy if I've missed a dose.

Whichever medication your friend takes just tell her to listen to what her doctor says and ask questions if needed and to read through the leaflet before taking it to get an idea of what side effects can be expected from taking that type of medication.