WhisperingSilence Offline
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: A life with alcohol. - January 21st 2014, 02:58 PM

Life with an alcoholic parent.
Annonymous

Since about the age of eight years old I have watched my dad get intoxicated nearly every night. He would have 20 ounces ( a pint) in the evenings whilst playing a game with us, and that would be the norm for a Sunday night while Mom cooked dinner. It never really bothered me all that much when I was younger as alcohol has always been in this house and always will be. During the day he is sober, holding down a job, works nine to six. He's not the 'stereotypical alcoholic', but he is still an alcoholic.

I can remember when his drinking would get out of control, it still does. I have always felt very different from my friends, at times I have felt alone and isolated. Monday mornings in school would always start with that question 'What did you do at the weekend'. Many people would say they spent time with their dad's and with their families or that they had been somewhere nice with their dad or their family. When it got to me what could I say ? 'Dad just drank' ? No. Talking about Dad and his drinking isn't something we were allowed to do and honestly we are still not allowed to do so. Talking about it will only bring shame on the family so we don't talk about it.

(I've added some bits so I thought I'd post this bit first then go from there the bits I've added can be removed if need be its the bits like the pint in brackets etc)

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.