View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: How can I know I have anxiety?? - February 1st 2014, 01:43 PM

Hey there,

Don't be sorry for posting! Post as much or as little as you'd like, we're all here to help you.

About the staring off into the distance, I'm not sure what that could be. You might just be really into what you're doing or it could be dissociation but I won't be able to tell you for sure. Being nervous with social interaction has a lot to do with Social Anxiety. And panic attacks feel like and are sometimes mistaken for heart attacks. Usually, your heart will beat rapidly, you'll feel sweaty and have trouble breathing. Possibly dizzy and sick; there's several elements to this.

None of us here on TH can diagnose you for sure. However, you can do online testing and answer questionnaire's to see if you are likely to have anxiety. It doesn't diagnose you, but it does give you a good idea. When you are feeling like this, you need to keep distracted. You can use a stress ball, stare at non moving items, pick an item and list uses for it, etc. Lastly, remember to try to focus on your breathing. Also, downloading nature sounds for your iPod is another idea and I know it really helps.

When you start counseling, be sure to mention your possible anxiety to him or her so they can help you further in the process to begin to feel better. Some schools offer "flash passes" for students with anxiety. When you use that pass, no teacher is allowed to refuse you; and you can normally go to the counselor's office or the nurse to take anxiety medication if you keep any at school.

Best of luck to you!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers