View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
AnALightbulb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,582, Level: 12 Points: 7,582, Level: 12 Points: 7,582, Level: 12

Could this possibly be leading into an eating disorder? - February 7th 2014, 01:16 AM

Hi,

I don't know...maybe I am overreacting, but I am starting to focus on how much I weigh and what I am consuming. Certain foods are starting to gross me out. Like I really don't want to eat anything greasy, anything that has a lot of breading on it, any type of dessert. I skip meals sometimes, but that has always been normal for me. But sometimes I have it in my head that I am not hungry so I will just eat a little, and then I end up eating more because I am hungry, and then I just feel gross afterwards. I did have a problem a few years ago where I was in a depressive state, and just the thought of eating, and then actually consuming food, I wanted to throw up (it never happened though). My weight proves to me that I am not overweight (I am towards the lower end of recommended weight), but I feel like I am. I can usually push it away from my mind because again, I KNOW I am not overweight. I struggled with it more a couple of days ago than I am now, but I still don't want to eat certain foods. I think low state of mind and monthly cycle played into it partially, but part of me is freaking out because I don't need an eating disorder.

Is this something I should be concerned about? What can I do to avoid developing an eating disorder? I am in a low state of mind and cannot seem to pull myself out of it, so I am worried about this if I still have these thoughts and feelings when there really is nothing wrong with my weight. Any advice would be appreciated