View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MackAttack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,868, Level: 11 Points: 5,868, Level: 11 Points: 5,868, Level: 11

Re: Could this possibly be leading into an eating disorder? - February 7th 2014, 05:41 AM

Hi Girly,
There are a few things you've said that are a little concerning:
1. Considering you are well aware that you're weight is lower but are still fixated on what you weigh is a little troubling. Is there any way, (I know this may sound difficult,) that you can remove weighscales/scales from your residence? Sometimes I find that, that little number on the scale can influence a lot of my thoughts so I try to focus more on how my clothes are fitting, ect. to determine if I should change my health patterns.
2. Skipping meals is a highly dangerous path to go down. Even if you are throwing in a couple pieces of fruit, a bag of nuts/trailmix, or granola bars throughout the day is better than going hours without eating. Maybe if it's food that's bothering you, try substituting a meal in your day with a juicer. It's a great way to incorporate fruits, veggies, and protein powder into one yummy smoothie.
3. If you are worried about the things you are doing - this is a strong indicator that something is wrong. Being a 100% honest with yourself is really important in the sense that if you are experiencing some trouble overcoming these thoughts, you should speak to a loved one about how you've been feeling.
I hope some of this information is a little helpful and know that I am always open for a message if you ever need someone to speak to.