View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
house-of-usher Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly

Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12

Re: Is Scratching Truly Bad or Self Harm? - February 7th 2014, 08:11 PM

I am so very happy to inform all of you who read anything that I posts that I am going to be getting help.
Yesterday at school one of the school counselors called me down to his office to ask how I have been. I told him everything that I have been going through. He told me that it was time to tell my parents and to go and get help. I was petrified about what my mother would say, but she completely surprised me. She told me that she knew that I was going through some form of depression. She said that she went through it too during high school, but she used music to help herself instead of harming herself and so forth. Me and my mother cried and held each other in our arms for what seemed like forever. After all of this she took me to the hospital and had me tested for depression and I am going to have a psychiatrist to talk to about once a week and after a month he or she will determine if I have to be put on medication. I am so happy that things went well and that both my mother and father will be there for support. God has blessed me in so many ways. He answered my prayers, but in ways that I would have never expected. I just pray that everything from here on out will go well and that I will get the help that I need and get better with time.

Life is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, but you don't let those ups and downs stop you in your tracks