Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Michael Gove Pledges 10-Hour School Days - February 8th 2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
Actually, private schools have turned out very intelligent people. The problem is that ALL schools should be privatized and left up to the decisions of parents and their kids. Some politician doesn't know what's good for Jim, John, Jack, or Susie. But I bet those kids and their parents have a better idea than someone who just steals their money and calls it "tax" to make theft legal. Privatized education would encourage children to become entrepreneurs, and not be make them into squares who can only fill a bubble on some sheet for an answer that a teacher indoctrinated into them.
Sorry but I disagree that all schools should be privatised. Sure, maybe government officials don't always know what's best for people but you can't say that parents always know what's best either. There are some private schools or free schools I think they're called that are run by parents and they're actually allowed to teach creationism in SCIENCE classes. Since the government doesn't have any input in these free schools they can't stop them from doing that like they can with state schools.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.