View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Michael Gove Pledges 10-Hour School Days - February 8th 2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
Actually, private schools have turned out very intelligent people. The problem is that ALL schools should be privatized and left up to the decisions of parents and their kids. Some politician doesn't know what's good for Jim, John, Jack, or Susie. But I bet those kids and their parents have a better idea than someone who just steals their money and calls it "tax" to make theft legal. Privatized education would encourage children to become entrepreneurs, and not be make them into squares who can only fill a bubble on some sheet for an answer that a teacher indoctrinated into them.

I don't agree with this. If all schools were privatized there would be a bigger likelihood that a big portion of students wouldn't be able to afford the cost of going to the private schools and would end up uneducated. Public education is a good thing in my eyes. And, as Cara said, not all parents know what is right for their child. They may think that they do but in the end that isn't always the case.

I think the idea of a 10 hour school day is ridiculous. This will put even more pressure on the kids and they will have less time to do activities in there life. School already takes up a lot of a child's life and the normal school day (at least where I am from) is 6 hours. If kids had to start going to school for 10 hours they would have no social life and while school is important having a social life of some kind is just as important. I honestly don't think it would be healthy.