View Single Post
  (#52 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 10th 2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEvee View Post

I thought pretty much everyone in here agreed that indoctrination of young ones was often a bad thing...

And of course you'll do what you please. I wouldn't have it any other way. When I said "why enter a debate forum?" it was in honest curiosity. (I'm actually being 100% not sarcastic here.) Why do you come if you're not interested in broadening your perspective? My note to you was in reaction to your quasi-hostile, condescending tone and confusing (mis)use of punctuation. If you didn't mean to be hostile or condescending, I apologize for misreading your posts.
I didn't say anything regarding indoctrination of young ones, so I have no clue why you are bringing that up. Also, just as a friendly tip, don't put words into my mouth by saying "I thought pretty much everyone in here agreed that indoctrination of young ones was often a bad thing...". If you want my opinion on it, you can ask for it or I'll give it if I choose to. However, if you must know, I am against it.

I come here to debate as objectively as possible. I have changed my views quite a few times and do have a rather broad perspective on religious beliefs. I was forced to learn christianity/catholicism, I went to Satanism (LaVeyan then Theistic) and now I'm back at atheism, with philosophies from a variety of beliefs. However, when debating or responding to someone's post, I do it as objectively as possible. Also, I have to ask, what was the indication that I don't want to broaden my perspective? As far as I can tell, I didn't mention my views anywhere in the post regarding Xujhan's post.