View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Will telling my professor I'm suicidal, depressed and grieving, add to him thinking I'm an attention seeking liar who's a drama queen....? - February 12th 2014, 12:40 AM

Hey there.

You're not a problematic student at all! It is completely understandable how a loss can influence school performance; especially since you have lost a lot in such a short span of time. I'm incredibly sorry to hear about this, and I hope you begin to find happiness again soon.

Since there seems to be a possible misunderstanding between the two of you, I think you should talk to him. Your grieving and depression is getting in the way of your work and I think telling him would be beneficial to both you and him. If you feel as though writing to him has not worked in your favor, then try face-to-face conversation.

Honestly, if you believe that he thinks you're lying or anything similar, maybe you could mention it to him? Some schools require an obituary or card from the funeral service. If possible or needed, you can present that to him as well. I think that you should be completely honest with him to clear up any misunderstanding that he may have.

Lastly, if he still acts cold to you, reporting this to someone of higher authority in your school is a good idea.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to message me if you need anything.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers