View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: College Grocery Shopping - February 20th 2014, 01:29 PM

When I lived in my dorm I had a microwave and a fridge/freeze (small. very small). We weren't allowed to have a toaster but I recently found out about some things you can cook in a microwave that would have been really helpful for me freshman year.

You can cook the typical things like frozen meals in a microwave. I used to make pasta a lot. Sometimes the water boils over but it's not too bad if you have paper towels. Then I would buy the really cheap cans of plain tomato sauce and eat that. My roommate this year informed me that you can actually cook baked potatoes and hot dogs in the microwave and I've discovered I actually prefer potatoes that way and the hot dogs are mostly good in the microwave (if you cook them for like, 15 seconds but they have to be precooked hot dogs?). Also, easy mac. The little cups are a little more expensive but they're tons easier because no dishes.

Granola bars, nature valley bars, all of that stuff works too. Microwave pizza. Basically just microwave anything. And if you have enough cooling room fresh vegetables and fruit.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."