View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ghost On The Highway Offline
Antihero
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Ghost

Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18 Points: 16,726, Level: 18

Re: How do I confess to my anti-drugs boyfriend....?? - February 25th 2014, 03:22 AM

^ I concur with just about everything stated here.

I'm a fairly pro-drug person, at least when it comes to the more innocuous substances (weed, LSD, mushrooms, DXM, etc.) I think it's very important to understand the reasons your boyfriend is anti-drug, which may have implications for the future of your relationship. If he's concerned with addiction and has seen friends/family struggle with overdoses, withdrawal, etc., I tend to think he can be "reasoned with." Obviously you'll want to approach the subject carefully and stress that you don't fit the pattern he's used to seeing.

On the other hand, if he objects to drug use on more basic principles (such as religion or philosophy), you may encounter major problems raising the subject under any circumstances. In that case, it is probably appropriate to consider whether the relationship will actually work in the long term.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.