View Single Post
  (#7121 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,998, Level: 26 Points: 33,998, Level: 26 Points: 33,998, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - March 4th 2014, 02:35 AM

--Being in the process of earning a higher degree than mine gives you the right to teach me something, it doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. Apparently, this needs to be a lesson in and of itself because there are students in your program who don't know and there need to be consequences for it. Most of them are fine about it, but it only takes one to ruin someone's experience and that gets compounded when the disrespected student decides to stand up for their right to respect and ends up getting all the discipline and threats to their career.

-- I'm earning a masters degree which means I am NOT STUPID The difference between the two is nothing but semantics I know what you really mean. I'd feel more comfortable if you were honest enough to just tell me the truth. That doesn't mean destroying my psyche in the process. Find the middle ground where I don't have to guess what you're saying and the conversation doesn't end with me in tears. If you can't do that then maybe you shouldn't be in a position that affords you that ability.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte