View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: Practicality Vs. Happiness? Regarding my location for college. - March 5th 2014, 05:52 AM

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Initially I was actually very nervous about all of this, BUT I have done some math and am very happy to announce that attending a community college HERE and just paying the out of state fees until I meet the criteria of a resident at a university will actually be cheaper in the long-run than moving back to the south! It will be a bit expensive for community college, BUT it will still be cheaper than attending the university I would attend at home for the remainder of my education.

NOW, the only question I have is in regards to my residency here. I know that Oklahoma, for example, will deny residency to students who take more than two classes/semester/year even after that year is up because they don't want people to go there just for the school. Is that applicable in other states? This is the only thing left in my decision making, so if any of you know about this sort of thing, I would so appreciate it!