View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Spiderpig Offline
Gone forever
Average Joe

Points: 7,354, Level: 12 Points: 7,354, Level: 12 Points: 7,354, Level: 12

Re: Nicotine addiction gone too far. - March 9th 2014, 12:52 AM

Hello Dan

Ask a pharmacist about how to give up smoking. They should be able to offer you an over-the-counter product that will help wean you off the nicotine addition. These products come in either chewing gum (a brand that comes to mind is Nicorette), or an oral spray, or lozenges or a patch you adhere to your skin somewhere. While this products help cut the craving, some willpower is required.

I am in the same situation, though finding it difficult to give up smoking tobacco because I am stressed from my job. Maybe when I feel more relaxed I can be successful. If you, too, are stressed, try and find a time when you will feel better. This is what I intend for myself.

The cost of cigarettes/baccy is astronomical in Europe which is where I am. Even in France and the UK tobacco prices are extorionate. So let's make a list of how much we will be saving each day. Let's make this list for the week and tote it up after 7 days, see how much $$$/£££ we've saved. The amount I been smoking, I should think by the end of the year I could buy a second-hand car.

Good luck! Speaking for myself also.