View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Telling my therapist about my Depression, & Suicidal Thoughts - March 13th 2014, 02:28 AM

Hey there,

I think Dez's idea of writing a letter is a really good idea. I know that when I have a topic I want to discuss with my therapist and I am uneasy about mentioning it I will write it down. Once I have it written down I will read it to her and it is a whole lot easier to talk about. I know that discussing this topic with your therapist will be hard but I think it would be really good for you to do. You therapist will be able to help you work on getting to a better place.

I am not 100% sure what things your therapist would have to disclose. I think if you were to tell her you were having suicidal thoughts she would be able to keep that confidential. I know my therapist keeps the fact that I have made plans to commit suicide confidential but I am an adult so the rules for adults and adolescents are probably different. If you are unsure of what she has to report you could talk to her about that and go from there.

However, I think it is imperative that you confide in her about your thoughts so that you can work on getting to a better place.

If you need anything please feel free to message me.