View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I feel very lonely :( - March 15th 2014, 01:44 AM

Any friends I had at school weren't really that great of 'friends' until I reached Year 10 and met a few nicer people who I'm still friends with to this very day. Back in secondary school I found it hard to make friends because I was so shy that I could barely say a word to someone and it didn't help I have an uncommon personality where I can say/do things that aren't really considered part of the 'norm' in the school. When you're nor part of the 'norm' you tend to feel like an outcast and it's an extremely horrible feeling.

I never went out shopping or met up with friends after school. I never went on long-distance school trips or stayed away from home. My family wouldn't allow me to do much of anything and although it was to protect me, it crippled my confidence, my self-esteem and my social life.

After you leave school, this will be where you're going to truly shine. You'll be able to go to college, do courses you enjoy doing and the best part of all is that instead of people being in those same classes as you because they had to, they'll be in the same classes as you because they want to be, this means that you'll be able to meet people who have similar interests than you and in turn, you may end up making some great new friends along the way. As you grow up, your life will slowly unfold into so much more.