Thread: Triggering (Grieving): My parents are seperating
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: My parents are seperating - March 18th 2014, 12:33 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about what's happening right now. I was much younger when my parents divorced so I can't identify completely with what you're feeling, but I know what its like to feel like to want things to be the way they used to be. It's perfectly understandable to be angry and to feel alone.

Separation doesn't necessarily mean that they will get a divorce or that your dad will like living on his own. Things will be different for a while, but you can get through this This separation from your mom doesn't mean that your dad wants separation from you. Things going on between your parents affect you, but your relationships with each of your parents is separate from your parents' relationship with each other.

I know you want to get away from the situation, but running away won't solve this or help you feel better. If you feel like you need some extra support you might want to look into seeing your school counselor, they won't tell your parents you've been to see them and they might have more ideas of ways to help you through this. When my parents divorced my friends invited me to a support group that my guidance counselor ran during lunch, this, or something similar might be available to you also.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte