View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Work & Thieves - March 18th 2014, 11:40 PM

Hey, there.

I can most definitely see where you're "argument" comes from. But on the other hand, I'm glad that you do recognize that confronting/fighting these types of people benefits you in absolutely no way. When I was a bit younger (a few years back) I found myself in a similar situation. I went to a private high school where me and my father had split the tuition in half. We'd each pay $5,000. I worked one full time, and one part time job, along with being full time at school. In my "group" at the time, I had three friends. One of which was in a similar situation as me, another person that struggled financially (couldn't find a job, begged for work, couldn't pay bills, etc), and then we had the third person who was in the same financial predicament, but didn't even try to get out of it. Instead, when we went out for dinner, he would beg for me to pay for him. I never had a problem paying for my other buddy (since I knew his struggle was real), but I had no compassion for my other friend who did nothing to improve his situation (or atleast try to). In the end, we had to move on from this friend as it became to much for us to handle.

So I totally understand where you're coming from. My best take on the matter is the following: Avoid those who put no effort in but reap the benefits, help those who legitimately struggle financially, and keep up the great work within your own life.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai