View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Can I qualify for disability? - March 21st 2014, 06:18 AM

I have severe migraine headaches and have since I was 15. I have had several scans to see if there was something present or wrong and they couldn't discover anything. The doctors have no idea why I suffer with these. They are so bad that I get physically sick and vomit and pass out. The frequency of them has risen and I have had to go home from work on a few occasions (part time jobs that I've held). I'm afraid that if I find a company and stick with them for a long time I will have had to be sent home on too many occasions because of them. I do want to work though. I actually have a small headache about every day but when the big ones hit they hit fast and unexpectedly, I feel like I'm dying. The latest one I was at work and had to go home early, I had to drive and I could barely stay conscious. I only lived about 10 mins away but as soon as I got home I turned off all the lights, closed the door, and passed out.

Pain meds do not work. I've tried all kinds, even the extremely strong ones that they have to have doctors notes to get. I've even tried sleeping pills at night and anxiety meds, neither helped. I'm also allergic to morphine so there's not an option of that. This is no way of life and I wish they could figure out the issue.

So with my issue can I qualify for disability but still work when I can? I feel like I need that reassurance and I'm not able to really make enough just by working 10-20 hours a week. I don't want this to sound like I'm trying to be lazy or anything like that, I just really can't live with them and I am concerned.

Thank you!