View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 10:22 PM

Chances are, if you actively look for someone, you won't find anyone too special. It'll be frustrating at times, because it'll seem like you're never going to find someone special to be with.

To combat this, it's important for you to be comfortable with where you are now - being single. I think this is something that a lot of people forget. While having someone in your life is nice, it's important for you to be completely comfortable with being single. Once this happens, only then will you be able to appreciate a meaningful relationship.

I want to echo the above users who have encouraged you to meet people. In college and university, the opportunities to meet new people are countless - take advantage of this. Join clubs and other activities that interest you. Not only will this provide you with the opportunity to meet a lot of new people, but these people will also share at least one similar interest.

All in all, college is about broadening your horizons. Take this time to grow and develop as an individual; this is really important. During college, most people change a lot - and I encourage you to do the same. Explore your interests, meet new people, and take advantage of all of the opportunities that college has to offer. While getting an awesome education is extremely important, it's only a small part of the value that college has to offer. Have an open mind about everything and don't be afraid to try new things.

Good luck.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.