View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Points: 6,059, Level: 11 Points: 6,059, Level: 11 Points: 6,059, Level: 11

Re: Cutting down on gluten - on a budget (and a time budget!) - April 2nd 2014, 08:32 PM

hey the first thing that comes to my head is why don't you sit down with your parents and explain them your needs? maybe they will understand you and they will probably think it's a good thing to do for the whole family. in the end cutting down on gluten means to eliminate pasta and bread (mainly) so start from there.. ask them to buy rice instead of pasta and rice cakes instead of bread, they are healthier options and they are not that much more expensive than what your parents would buy anyway.

2 years ago I had problems with my diet, whenever I ate something I'd get stomachaches and cramps so I went to the doctors and got an allergy test. turns out I'm allergic/intolerant to like everything and when I came home, I explained it to my parents and they supported me, now my allergies have basically gone away but we still eat kamut pasta and we get this flour 00 or something bread (don't really remember what'sit called I'll ask my parents!).

idk if you live in the UK but here I find these really nice rice cakes salt and vinegar taste which are actually really yummy snacks you can just keep in your bag. obviously chocolate is gluten free (yee) and crisps as well.. if you want something more healthy you bring an apple or a banana with you, for lunch I used to buy sandwiches and eat them without the bread (in costa and many more coffee chains you can just ask for a dish and a fork!) it sounds a bit gross but it's seriously not that bad!

message me if you need anything else
x