View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18

I really don't want to work there anymore - April 6th 2014, 04:06 AM

I currently work 2 jobs now. I've been working part-time at a personal care home for over a year and I'm fine with working every other weekend for it. Well, a couple weeks ago I was down on myself and didn't want to pursue Nursing anymore and decided to switch my major to Healthcare Management in college. I believe it's a better fit for me.

At the time, I thought I was going to lose my financial aid, but it turns out I'm not losing any at all. But, while I was thinking that I was going to lose the money, my friend told me about a part-time Sales Associate position at RadioShack and so I thought I should just apply and go for it because I "needed" the money. Of course, anybody could use extra money, but I don't really need a second job now. My personal care home job is fine with me.

I already turned down my friend the first time about the position when I said I would try it out and then after second thoughts, I told him I would actually apply. So, I did and because he's close with the hiring manager, he vouched for me. I went to a group interview and I ended up getting the job.

I have to go through training now to learn about all these electronics especially cell phones since that's what RadioShack's best sell is. But, I really don't want to continue with this job any further. I don't really know what to tell my friend, the manager, etc. I already posted on Facebook that I got the job and a lot of my friends/family know about my "success" in getting the job. What should I do? How do I end it?