View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20

Re: I really don't want to work there anymore - April 10th 2014, 09:50 PM

Let me tell you now, Sam, it is going to much easier ending it now than when you have been working there for two months and you start developing friends and stuff there, because then it is not personal, it's just a hiring decision and there's no risk of it being personal.

Nobody needs a second job and if you're going to be working there exhausted and fatigued from your other job, your boss would prefer someone who can work one job awesomely and efficiently, rather than someone who is going to be worn out quickly by a second job.

And I am not second guessing you but it is human nature, a second job is going to smash you. So how should you end it? As quickly as possible and as formally as possible. Go the manager's office and let them know your concerns, so there's no risk of it being seen as personal.

If your friend asks you, just tell them your concerns and they really should understand. But with that being said, you don't have to tell anyone the fact and why, certainly not relatives on Facebook, so you have a right to keep some things to yourself, but if you put the actual decision off, it's going to much less smooth.

Good luck, Sam! .

P.S. Make sure you know you're doing this for sure and subsequently, for the other people involved like your boss or whatever. If you feel you're going to be affected by having a second job, then that's a decision you're making for YOU, do you know what I mean? .

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.