View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
lilygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,933, Level: 11 Points: 5,933, Level: 11 Points: 5,933, Level: 11

Can't make friends due to anxiety - May 11th 2014, 10:08 PM

I have always had anxiety, mainly because I wasn't used to being around people at a young age (I was home schooled until fifth grade). I have also gone to 6 different schools since then, so I haven't been able to truly get close to or trust anyone.

This year, I switched to a school that I'll be attending for the rest of highschool (2 more years). I finally have a chance to make lifelong friends, but I have barely even talked to anybody for the whole year and have only made one friend so far.

My social anxiety isn't only limited to talking to people. In class, I feel like I'm glued to my seat because I can't even get up and sharpen my pencil. I'm afraid that everyone is always watching me and judging me. I've never been bullied before, yet I feel paranoid that everyone is talking about me behind my back.

My social anxiety has never been this bad before. I really want to get rid of it and I don't know how. All of my friends from my last school are really outgoing and tell me to "just get over it." I can't just move on from it and they don't understand. Has anyone gone through this before?