View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
It is 57 below zero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Malik

Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12

17 year olds and bedtime (not that this has much to do with self harm, but I am not sure where else to post the thread) - May 13th 2014, 09:29 PM

I ended up getting in big trouble last night, and I didn't even do anything remotely wrong, but I almost got borderline grounded.

Because the other night I was crying so hard about my depression, and losing my friends, and well into the very late hours at night. I was sitting on my bed crying into a pillow. I didn't even do anything wrong, and my mother was there for several hours of my crying and I was sad, but my parents put a serious restriction on me and they got tired of me because of me being sad for many months...and they won't even do anything to help me regain my friends. I have mentioned why I was depressed in many of my other threads months ago.

They ended up giving me a strict bedtime, and some nights they also force me to take a pill that puts me to sleep and most parents usually don't care about bedtime by this age. They also tried to take away my phone even though I have had it since December 25, 2012, so I have had it for over a year.

When she told my dad, he flipped completely and with a bad attitude the next morning. This happened the night of May 8th...and on the morning of May 9th he was not feeling bad for me. He was mad that I stayed up very late that night...I didn't do it on purpose, I was seriously depressed and crying. I have been depressed for 5+ months and it has gone untreated since just before Christmas, in Dec. 2013. This also causes me to self harm. My dad is one of the worst 5% of people in the U.S. population.

I am only one year away from being a legal adult but my parents are not treating me as such.

Last edited by Ennui.; May 14th 2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Moving thread to more appropriate forum- Friends & Family.