View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: 17 year olds and bedtime (not that this has much to do with self harm, but I am not sure where else to post the thread) - May 13th 2014, 10:37 PM

Hi there,

I think you should tell your parents that you're depressed and try asking to see a professional to help you cope with what you're going through. A professional will listen to all of your concerns and will give you advice and positive coping mechanisms.

It seems like your parents have the right intentions; that they want to help you but aren't sure how to go about doing that. It's important to express your feelings about this bedtime and taking the medicine that you are forced to take. Maybe you can make a new deal, or something like that! In my house, it doesn't matter when we're in bed as long as we are up and ready to go the next day.

The bright side of this is that you will be considered an adult soon; you will be able to seek help without your parents having to know if you prefer that.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers