View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20 Points: 20,566, Level: 20

Is Religion Dying? - May 23rd 2014, 11:24 AM

OK, I have written about this topic before but I want to come back to it one more time and particularly go to the main meat of the sandwich, and an issue I have been fairly concerned about recently.

I think religion is dying and I think the world is very quickly losing it's faith. But then again, I am just going by what I am seeing from the comments on Youtube and Facebook and my peers here, everyone seems not to have a religion and believe God is a magical character and the Bible is a whole bunch of fairlytale stories.

The amount of content I see on Facebook from people just pushing back heavily against religion and basically making religious people look like bigots and weaklings, it was originally angering for me but now it is just concerning, is this really the viewpoint of the majority of the world these days?

I am religious, I am a proud Muslim, and I don't know, I just feel like I am a minority, at least in my age group.

I understand the people saying the majority of the world is religious but that's not what I am seeing at this stage. I can imagine a strongly believing atheist going into Parliament and banning the education of religions. There are people that think that is a good idea.

Can you put me at ease on this one LOL, I just get surrounded by people who see religion as an evil concept. It's had to keep your faith when so many don't have any. Is it the viewpoint of the majority these days?

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.