View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Is Religion Dying? - May 23rd 2014, 12:12 PM

Well, in the last census for the UK (2011) I've seen some statistics saying that 47% of the population are non-religious so that's still less than half if that makes you feel better.

I'm not religious myself. Mostly for the reason Ibrahim said above I don't have faith. I don't have faith that there's some deity who made us all from nothing and I find it hard to believe any deities even exist. With science I have evidence, facts, statistics and that's all I need. What evidence do I have that God is real? The bible/holy text? Those were written by humans. I could write a great story about a magical deity creating everything but it doesn't mean it's true.

In the past people invented Gods and deities to explain things they otherwise couldn't but now we can explain those things mostly so we don't need to rely on the excuse "God did it".

I feel quite strongly about my beliefs so I do get frustrated and annoyed if people try to convert me to their beliefs but I have no issues with people believing in whatever they want. If you two above me have enough faith that there is a God then that's your prerogative.