View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: xbox addiction - July 27th 2014, 03:08 PM

I think a lot of people tend to play on their Xbox or similar a lot. When I was younger I spent a lot of my time playing PC games, I'd sit playing 8 hour straight sessions online without barely bothering to get much food or drink and it affected some of my family relationships too. It could be said that I was addicted to my PC but actually I wasn't, I was just using it as an escape from my real-life troubles. Playing games and spending time with others online was far more pleasing and joyful to me and was a great way of escaping life in general. A lot of people tend to use consoles or computers as a way of escaping into a while new world because it takes them away from whatever problems they're going through in their daily lives.

If you're going through a rough time at the moment or are seriously stressed about something, the chances are you're going to look for your Xbox as a way of stress relief and/or as an escape from whatever negative things you're going through at the moment. If you can, see if you can try and reduce the time you play on your Xbox but do this very slowly. You said you play on it until around 2 AM some days, see if you can try and cut off your time by half an hour for a week, even 20 or 10 minutes less each week. Eventually after a week you may have cut off a serious amount of game time from your usual play time. If that method doesn't suit, see if you can set your alarm to a much earlier time before you go to college, put your alarm across the room and then when it sounds, it'll force you to get up and walk across the room. You can use this time to prepare yourself for college and once you're dressed and ready to go, you'll also have more time to spend playing before you actually leave and so you don't lose track of time whilst playing, make sure you set your alarm about 10-15 minutes before you need to set off. Once you get into some form of routine, your body will adjust and you may start to feel more tired at night time and possibly even get a better sleep.