Thread: Female Advice Preferred: New school, Bad experiences
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: New school, Bad experiences - August 1st 2014, 08:47 PM

Hi there and welcome to TeenHelp!

I can definitely understand your situation as I have moved a lot and going to a new school can be scary sometimes. The cool thing attending a school is that you can 'reinvent' yourself. I'm not saying to change yourself because you're amazing the way you are! I just mean that depending on how far you've moved, little to no amount of people will likely know who you are; it's like a clean slate in ways, a fresh start to let your true self shine.

You may have heard this before but as far as friends go, it's quality over quantity. You don't need to have a lot of friends or be well known. It's better to have one or two amazing close friends that you can count on. As mentioned above, I think you should put yourself out there by joining clubs to meet people with similar interests. Chances are, people will be interested in you and the things you have in common!

Do you know why you harm yourself? Identifying your triggers is an important part of staying self-harm free. If you're able to identify your triggers you can figure out how to work through them. Here is a page of alternatives that you should check out when you're feeling low.

If you ever need someone to talk to you can send me a message.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers