View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount13

Edit avatar

Re: Bipolar Depression - August 5th 2014, 10:08 AM

Hi, Sierra!

Dealing with your bipolar depression all this time must have been really hard. I'm sorry you've been struggling so much. Honestly, I think it's really great that you want to get help for it. In fact, you should be proud of yourself for that. It takes a lot of courage to recognize and admit you need help. Although, the way your parents accuse you of being a drama queen must be pretty frustrating for you. The first thing I'd suggest is to try to talk to them about it. Sit them down on a day they're in a fairly good mood and things are quiet. Explain that you're being truthful, how much this is affecting you and that you'd appreciate if they took you to get help for your bipolar depression.

Side suggestions if that doesn't work:

1. Do you go for routine check-ups or anything? You can talk to your physician about your bipolar depression and they may talk to your parents about getting you a therapist/psychologist if you ask them to. If your doctor tells your parents and refers you to one then it might be a push to convince your parents that you need to talk to someone.

2. Can you speak to your school counselor about your situation with what you're going through, explain how your parents normally react to things like this and have them talk to your parents?

I hope I helped. Good luck and feel free to keep us updated. You can PM me too if you'd like someone to talk to. Stay strong.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.