View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Bipolar Depression - August 5th 2014, 12:55 PM

I am glad that you realize you need to get help.

My experiences are similar but different to yours, I thought I had ADHD and I down played the depression when I finally saw a psychologist because I didn't think the fact I was so unhappy I wanted to hurt myself was a "real" problem, at 15 years old I thought it was just cause school and people sucked. It took me a year to convince my parents to let me see the psychologist!!! It was ridiculous, especially because when I was depressed my mom was all to happy to suggest that I go see a counsellor so I wasn't sure why they were so resistant to the idea of a psychological assessment. They finally bent when they realized things weren't getting any better for me....

I am really hoping you won't have to wait for a year to see a professional. I would strongly recommend that you go and see a doctor, if you are 16 or older (your profile says you are 17) you may see a doctor without parental consent because you can now consent for yourself. Perhaps the doctor can give you a game plan and perhaps even speak with your parents to explain to them why it is so important

A school guidance counsellor may so be able to help you out with getting the help you need.

Some communities have places that offer free counselling, so this might be a good place to start if you can locate this service so that you can start managing some of the things that challenge you. Other places will offer counselling on a sliding scale (ex. if you can only pay $30 or even less).

Also, a few habits such as eating healthy and exercising have helped me a lot. I've actually been noticing that if I work out first thing in the day that it works out a lot better for me than if I work out later in the day. I feel like a good work out will sort of elevate your mood in a healthy way so if you do so in the morning it could theoretically *to a certain degree* improve your mood. A consistent schedule and a tidy home help as well. But these sorts of things only help to a certain degree as I said, so I would still strongly recommend finding other areas to seek help.

As we are struggling with similar issues, if you ever need to chat just PM me

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.