Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Bipolar Depression - August 5th 2014, 04:48 PM

Hi There,

I am really glad you notice that you need help and that you are seeking ways to get that help.
The previous people that have responded to this thread have given you some excellent advice. I would just like to add to that.
First, if you can not find someone to talk to immediately, you can call a hotline. Though the person on the hotline may not be able to help with bipolar specifically, they can help with strategies to cope when you are feeling stressed, be somewhere anonymous you can talk and may even be able to help you find the resources that are locally available to you.
Second, since your parents do not seem very helpful, talking to another adult may be your only route to getting the support you need, want and deserve. Here is a link to a list of people that may be able to help: click here.
Lastly, everyone here on TH is here to help as best as we can. You can send me a message if you would like someone to talk to.
Hope this helps and that all goes well with finding a psychologist/counselor.
You can do this!

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.