View Single Post
  (#61 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: My Rant About Science vs. Religion - April 13th 2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillywho? View Post
I don't really see why science and religion can't be mixed.

Big Bang - an explosion.
God said let there be light - an explosion, lots of light.

7 days of creation. - The Bible states that one day in Heaven isn't the same as one day on Earth.

I could go on and on...
You can have religion and science, however, if you begin analyzing science using religion or analyze religion using science, then that's where things fall apart.

SillyEvee: I do vary the tone in different threads and I do become more subjective (unfortunately) in different threads. I may be good at detecting sarcasm and you may be also, however, you're not perfect at it, neither am I. It's like when you talk to different people about the same topic: if it's to your professor then to your friend, your tone will change. You won't, or at least unlikely to get up to the professor and be "Yo, wat up dawg, eh man, can u xzplain 2 me jus how da fluid dynamics works bro". Granted, on here, it does vary also, although not to that extent, usually being more subjective or sarcastic at certain times. Also, something I may say in all seriousness, you may think is a joke or vice-verca. I think you now understand the basic reasons why sifting through my other threads and posts aren't going to be a great idea. And as I said, it has biased you.