View Single Post
  (#7378 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,990, Level: 26 Points: 33,990, Level: 26 Points: 33,990, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 8th 2014, 03:17 AM

-- No, I don't have a smartphone. Money is REALLY tight for us right now I opted for a master's degree in place of the latest technology. Please consider that before assuming I can use technology I can't afford to fix a problem few people notice.

There is a difference between being disrespectful and refusing to be disrespected, learn that difference before accusing me of something I am not doing.

-- I'll admit to having an attitude, but I need you to understand what has happened to me. One "strength-based and caring" professional spoke for you by saying something to my face that you told me you would never say, blamed me for my own failure after giving ME attitude and being completely disrespectful and unhelpful, then blamed me for someone else failing before failing me. Then I had to deal with her again and withdrew from her class after she told me that I was going to drive people to SUICIDE! I was told by another that I was "choosing" things that we now know are the result of BRAIN DAMAGE. And another told me that if I managed to graduate, no one was going to hire me like this, couldn't tell me what was wrong or what to do about it, called my psychologist, who I enlisted in part to help me deal with him, at your suggestion, an idiot, and accused me of being "demanding, disrespectful, and unprofessional", before documenting me as a "safety risk" and trying to fail me, ON PURPOSE. This all happened while I was told I was "over-reacting" and "catastrophizing" everything. And when I came to you about it, you talked to them and they denied or deflected EVERYTHING!

After sitting quietly and "faking it" for 2 YEARS I decided I was done taking it. So yes, I have an attitude, and I'm not only allowed, I have the RIGHT to have one. And for the record, I am NOT "unwilling to accept feedback" I am unwilling to accept unacceptable conduct regardless of a person's position.

I know more about my life than you do. When I tell you it's collapsing, believe me. Everybody says that I'm over reacting until they get the whole picture of the full story and the thing I told them I was afraid of actually happens. Then they get it. I need you to get it too.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; August 8th 2014 at 07:35 PM.