View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: First year experience? Loans, work, and balancing it all? - August 10th 2014, 06:45 PM

While advice from others can be helpful, when it conflicts like this that can make everything even more overwhelming. It might be different where you are, but I found I had way too much time on my hands! If you can learn to manage your schoolwork load (spreading things out instead of trying to cram everything into the last month of school) you should be able to fit everything in that you want to do depending on how much you plan for yourself.

I would suggest starting off slow. When I first started, I planned on eventually working, but because I had never been to college before, I decided to focus on just school the first semester and see how I did. If I felt after that, that I could take more on, I would. Personally I decided that working would've overwhelmed me and I was in a position where it wasn't necessary, so I decided against it, but that was my decision. You'll have to decide how you want to go about doing this.

If you know you need Jiu Jitsu, then definitely do that, plus however much course work you believe you can handle, and maybe a job if you want or need that right away and see how you handle it.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte