View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Really dreading going back to school - August 25th 2014, 10:05 PM

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not looking forward to going back to school, I understand how you feel. It seems like thinking about school is doing more harm than good in your case. It'll benefit you to keep your mind busy until you absolutely have to think about school which would be on the first day. Until then, keep yourself distracted so you will have other thoughts in your mind. I know you said you're having trouble diverting your thoughts, so try taking a look at the alternatives - there's a lot of stuff on there to keep you occupied!

How your sister and other people treat you is wrong without a doubt. People who bully others normally are going through something themselves and although I am not excusing their behavior, they are having trouble with coping with something too. It would help to keep some reminders of your positive traits. Perhaps you can put some positive quotes or some pictures that you like in your binder, etc. See if you can stand in the mirror and verbally enforce something to yourself such as saying that you are beautiful. Some people have the personality where they are unaffected and others, such as you and I, are more sensitive to remarks. The things people say and do definitely hurt but we have to remind ourselves that they are wrong. You have more power than the perpetrators because you don't put other people down and you have the ability to stand up for yourself.

You are not weird or ugly. You are a spectacular person with your own great traits - don't ever forget that. Just remember to be yourself.

Being able to voice how you are feeling is an amazing thing. With that being said, don't be afraid to reach out for help when you need it! Is there anyone you can trust to talk to about how you're feeling? It can be anyone you'd like. Here's a list of who can help you. If you are uncomfortable speaking to someone in your life right now, here is a list of hotlines. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, please refer to these or go to the ER.

Take care of yourself.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers