View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Making friends in college - August 26th 2014, 12:30 AM

Meeting people in college can be hard. I struggled also. And the thing is people wouldn't believe I was introverted because I am outgoing in public lol.... I found what helped was to become involved on campus. Like joining a club or something. I made a number of friends by becoming an executive. We might not have been super close but we would have events where we would all get together and talk and all that. Like we all went to see Catching Fire together amongst other things.

I know it sounds silly but engaging with people online can help a lot too. By commenting on posts or chatting with people over various things via private messages. It's superficial but you often have to start there to get anywhere.

For me online dating helped a lot too. I've had a few dates there and met a friend there. I talked to countless guys and usually just declined going further. If your not interested n dating that's ok. But it's just a good way to meet people.

And don't be afraid to make plans. Just ask someone you know to go out for coffee. Repeat until someone is available. Accept party requests even if it sucks and you leave early. Chat with your cashiers even if you'll never see them again. I find just engaging with people as often as possible increases the chances of making friends.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions