Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Really dreading going back to school - August 26th 2014, 10:18 AM

Hi there,

I’m sorry you feel terrified of going back to school and being bullied. I know from personal experience it is not very nice at all. As Idyllic said, try to take your mind of it. Also, doing some breathing exercises can calm you down in general, when you feel the anxiety building up.

It is wrong how your sister and others are treating you. As Idyllic said, they may be dealing with issues of their own, but it is still wrong for them to treat you like that. I find that writing positive messages or your positive traits on post it notes and reading them every day, and whenever you feel sad can help boost your self- confidence. A friend once told me that, what worked for him was for every negative thought he had about himself, to challenge it and find a positive thought to replace it. Also, when you feel stressed or low, try writing down your feelings, or ranting about them on here. I find that it helps release negative emotions in a healthy way. You’ve always got the TeenHelp community here for you

Dealing with depression and school can be a challenge. Since you say that you have felt suicidal, I’m wondering if you have talked to anyone about it at all? Perhaps a trusted friend, adult, teacher or counsellor? It can be very helpful sometimes to reach out to others.

I don’t think you are weird or worthless at all!

Take care now