Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Forced to do college - September 1st 2014, 01:30 AM

This does sound a bit frustrating.
Have you looked into all of the courses at the campus you are currently on?
Maybe there is something there you could like but you have not explored yet.
It is great you are into creative writing and drama but maybe you have other interests as well that you do not realize yet because you have not pursued them.
Creative writing and acting could be things you do outside of college (such as workshops). Or you can take online classes in creative writing or even just write on your own without adding in the pressure of grades.
You can still pursue these interests without necessarily getting that degree if this makes sense.
If you want to do creative writing and acting as your long-term goals than maybe you have to start in one place and work your way to that point.
Set those as your long-term goals and see what you can do to reach them (even if it requires going a bit out of what you are used to or think you are interested in).
If you are not interested in hair dressing--which is obvious from your post--you have the right to explore courses offered on your campus and choose what you want to study.
Your parents cannot dictate everything in your life (even though they may have some part in your finances). You will only really gain from your college experience if it is one of exploration, trying new things, making mistakes and learning from them.
Remind yourself that you are not the first person in this situation and that you can get out of this and eventually get to where you want to be.
I hope this is helpful and you can send me a message if you ever need anything.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."