View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: High School Senior - September 5th 2014, 12:59 AM

Charlie, I know you're under a lot of stress right now. Take a deep breath and slow down for a minute. I know that depression and anxiety plus stress can be a bad combination. I'm sorry that the dual psychology didn't happen I hate when you're just supposed to know when deadlines are. I noticed though that you jumped from one rejected application to a panic attack to what if I don't graduate and how am I going to make it through the whole year. I have a tendency to do this too. Start with one day at a time, so today wasn't so great, this doesn't mean the rest of the year will be bad.

As for applying to college here's my list of tips:

1. If your applications are being submitted by your school their deadline to have everything in should be before winter break (December) so keep that in mind. You will need your school to send your transcripts directly to all the colleges to apply to.

2. Keep track of any scholarship deadlines and make a list of what you need for each one and when it's due by and where to send everything.

3. The priority FAFSA deadline is March 1st it can be filled out online at fafsa.gov, you will need your parent's financial information and social security numbers, birthdates etc. Be careful how much loans you take out since you'll have to pay them back.

4. For college choices consider:
a. cost

b. In-state or out of state

c. Community college or 4-year school (community college is a lot less expensive and you can get the core stuff done cheaper and then transfer where you want)

d. If 4-year school do you want to live on campus or commute (depending on the distance, you may not have a
choice for the first 2 years)

e. Major (some majors are only available at certain schools)

Get a calendar or planner and write down homework, due dates, and deadlines for everything. Most schools will have the same or similar deadlines and you apply online for free. If you don't get in to every school you apply to, that's okay. Apply to at least one that you know you'll get into just in case. I know it seems overwhelming right now, and it is a lot to manage, but take it one day at a time and you will get through this.

The what ifs will drive you crazy, think them all the way though or challenge them. What are the realistic chances that you won't graduate? If you don't what would really happen? etc.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte