View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: Did anyone else dramatically change careers while in university or college? - September 20th 2014, 04:57 PM

Jupp. I changed my mind a lot. When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher or author. Then I wanted to go to the police. Once we had physics I was aiming to study this until about 11th grade. Then I wanted to study literatur ans psychologie as it would be the most usefull as author. Then my head got the better of me and I searched for something 'more usefull and reasonable. Nearly became a teacher and in a last minute decision decided to become an engineer as its the most reasonable choice considering my skills and chances in the futur.
So thats what I'm doing now. Studying electrical engineering.

And no I'm not afraid of feeling stuck. I already am cause honestly, electrical engineering is ok but I can't imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life. I can't even imagine doing it for the next 5 years and the problem is that I am bound. I signed a contract and won't be able to get out of it for the next 6 years. So I am stuck and I hate it and the only reason is that I tried to be reasonable with my choice....