View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Did anyone else dramatically change careers while in university or college? - September 20th 2014, 08:21 PM

Hey there,

I think it’s normal to change your mind about careers during university. I know my experience is not the same as yours, but thought I would share anyway.

I (still) want to be a teacher and did an education degree, but the psychology module really opened my eyes to the world of psychology and I did another module on learning difficulties, so I have also considered being a teacher for those with learning difficulties. When I was younger, I did want to be a vet for ages, but I knew I just wouldn’t be able to handle it.

However, my friend who was on the same course as me, never wanted to be a teacher. She didn’t really know what to do with her life. She wanted to take a history course, but she now works with young children in a pre-school environment. But I think her real passion is with cooking and baking.

Neither me nor my friend, are afraid of getting ‘stuck’ with our choices. I think that, whatever you choose, even if you decide against it later on, there are ways of going down a different career path. My old maths teacher actually helped design bridges before he had even considered being a teacher!

All the best!